- Normal skin: Not too dry and not too oily. Minimal or no visible pores.
- Dry skin: Skin will feel tight, especially when you smile. Skin can crack, peel, or become itchy, irritated or inflamed.
- Oily skin: Skin appears shiny or bright. You tend to break out or have issues with acne and have bigger pores.
- Combination skin: When your face feels dry but has oily skin on the center of your face (temple) or cheeks.
- For dry skin, try to find a cleanser that contains fatty acids, ceramides or Hyaluronic Acid. End the cleanse with a moisturizer.
- If you have Oily skin, Look for a product that contains a foaming cleanser, like Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Cleanser. Try to avoid using Moisturizer everyday.
- If you're suffering with Acne, bumps, ingrown hairs or redness, you can use a cleanser that contains a product called Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide or even Benzoyl Peroxide.
Keep in mind that the general rule is to wait 20 to 28 days after starting a new product to see whether or not you have any sensitivity. If you notice any new bumps or acne, it's possible you're purging, which means your skin is becoming accustomed to it or the product could be too strong for everyday use (Reason why you should wait 20-28 days to see if there is any progress).
If you've used the product for a certain number of days and see flaws or signs that it's not working, you could be allergic to it or again, it could be strong to use everyday. If you are allergic, stop using the product. If you are reacting to the product, stop using it as often. Instead of everyday, use it 2-3 times a week. You still want the benefits of the product, without the reaction!
- Wash your face only at night. Do not allow your face to marinate the whole night with grime and dirt from your day or pollution. Cleaning your face in the morning can lead to removing your natural oils from your face, which will lead to a dry face. You can wash your face with just water in the morning.
- When starting your cleanse, start with warm water or even after your shower, so that we can open your pores, cleanse your face then end it with cold water.
- Have two types of cleansers. Have one cleanser that will strip your face from excess oil and dirt like Malin + Goetz Grapefruit cleanser and one light cleanser (hydrating preferable) for the days you don't need a deep cleanse. This will be in case one day your face creates too much oil or it was dry due to certain circumstances.
- Exfoliate your face once or twice a week. To avoid Ingrown hairs and also to remove dead skin. Neal’s Yard Face Scrub helps smooth the skin and helps prevent ingrown hairs which may lead to post-shave discomfort. This formula is micro bead-free, draws out impurities with kaolin and green clay's and buffs away dead skin cells with gently exfoliating organic ground rice and rose hip seeds.
- End your skin with a nice hydrating moisturizer. Side note: You don't need to put moisturizer on your face every time. Only put it on when your skin feels dry, after shaving (To avoid ingrown hairs) and if you're going somewhere where you know dust, dirt or anything else will attach to your face. Moisturizer can be used, of course to hydrate your skin but also to protect your skin from grime going into your pores. It also helps to avoid harsh fine lines in the future.
From adding a step to our daily routine to selecting skin care products, it can be overwhelming due to having to figure out what products work well for your skin and also constantly cleansing your face daily. Keep in mind, doing this at an early age can benefit you in the long run. Don't be afraid to try out new products or routines.
Take a look at our blog post "Men & Women's Skin" to know what type of skin you have.
Father's Day is June 18th, which is this Sunday- did you get Dad a gift yet?
If you haven't, you need to check out this list and grab Dad a gift that looks like you've been planning all year long!
Our weekly Father's Day Gift Guide continues with a collection of gifts for Dad that he's going to love. This week, you'll find items like a luxury shoe horns, the best electric shaver on the market, socks that really speak, and more!
Check out our entire list of Father's Day Gift Ideas, order online, and get them deleivered today!
A Gift Guide featuring some top Gift Idea for Father's Day 2023.
Explore some unexpected, and cool gifts that your Dad will want to get this Father's Day!
Spring his here and summer is quickly approaching! The sun's out longer and it's now time to update your skincare routine accordingly. Time to break out the sunscreen! But, before you just grab any old sunscreen, you would want to make sure it's the right SPF.
What is SPF? What SPF is enough? How often should sunscreen be applied? Your questions answered here!