- Normal skin: Not too dry and not too oily. Minimal or no visible pores.
- Dry skin: Skin will feel tight, especially when you smile. Skin can crack, peel, or become itchy, irritated or inflamed.
- Oily skin: Skin appears shiny or bright. You tend to break out or have issues with acne and have bigger pores.
- Combination skin: When your face feels dry but has oily skin on the center of your face (temple) or cheeks.
- For dry skin, try to find a cleanser that contains fatty acids, ceramides or Hyaluronic Acid. End the cleanse with a moisturizer.
- If you have Oily skin, Look for a product that contains a foaming cleanser, like Malin + Goetz Grapefruit Cleanser. Try to avoid using Moisturizer everyday.
- If you're suffering with Acne, bumps, ingrown hairs or redness, you can use a cleanser that contains a product called Salicylic Acid, Niacinamide or even Benzoyl Peroxide.
Keep in mind that the general rule is to wait 20 to 28 days after starting a new product to see whether or not you have any sensitivity. If you notice any new bumps or acne, it's possible you're purging, which means your skin is becoming accustomed to it or the product could be too strong for everyday use (Reason why you should wait 20-28 days to see if there is any progress).
If you've used the product for a certain number of days and see flaws or signs that it's not working, you could be allergic to it or again, it could be strong to use everyday. If you are allergic, stop using the product. If you are reacting to the product, stop using it as often. Instead of everyday, use it 2-3 times a week. You still want the benefits of the product, without the reaction!
- Wash your face only at night. Do not allow your face to marinate the whole night with grime and dirt from your day or pollution. Cleaning your face in the morning can lead to removing your natural oils from your face, which will lead to a dry face. You can wash your face with just water in the morning.
- When starting your cleanse, start with warm water or even after your shower, so that we can open your pores, cleanse your face then end it with cold water.
- Have two types of cleansers. Have one cleanser that will strip your face from excess oil and dirt like Malin + Goetz Grapefruit cleanser and one light cleanser (hydrating preferable) for the days you don't need a deep cleanse. This will be in case one day your face creates too much oil or it was dry due to certain circumstances.
- Exfoliate your face once or twice a week. To avoid Ingrown hairs and also to remove dead skin. Neal’s Yard Face Scrub helps smooth the skin and helps prevent ingrown hairs which may lead to post-shave discomfort. This formula is micro bead-free, draws out impurities with kaolin and green clay's and buffs away dead skin cells with gently exfoliating organic ground rice and rose hip seeds.
- End your skin with a nice hydrating moisturizer. Side note: You don't need to put moisturizer on your face every time. Only put it on when your skin feels dry, after shaving (To avoid ingrown hairs) and if you're going somewhere where you know dust, dirt or anything else will attach to your face. Moisturizer can be used, of course to hydrate your skin but also to protect your skin from grime going into your pores. It also helps to avoid harsh fine lines in the future.
From adding a step to our daily routine to selecting skin care products, it can be overwhelming due to having to figure out what products work well for your skin and also constantly cleansing your face daily. Keep in mind, doing this at an early age can benefit you in the long run. Don't be afraid to try out new products or routines.
Take a look at our blog post "Men & Women's Skin" to know what type of skin you have.
Learn how to recognize your beard neckline, how to shave it, and what tools will give you the greatest finish.
Your hair game's on point, sideburns are trimmed and your facial hair looks prestige. However, it may seem we may be forgetting something. Let's talk about trimming your eyebrows.
If you’re not already wearing sunscreen each and every day - this is your sign to do so, keep reading to learn what SPF truly is about and how to avoid looking like a tomato.
Razor looking a little dull? Not sure whether or not it’s time to switch out that razor you’ve had for - god knows - how many weeks? Well, question no more! Here are some notes that will help you determine how often you should change your razor blade before it causes any irritation or damage to your skin!
Black heads are one of those things that are difficult to get rid of in life. Of course, you can easily remove them with a nasal strip, but did you know that they can harm your skin and refill with bacteria where it once was? Leading you to the same spot you were two weeks ago. Let's talk about our strawberry nose for a moment, shall we?
“Mi casa es su casa '' - here are some tips that you will want to keep in mind if you are having people over for Easter!
Entertaining can be difficult, but here is the basic information that will make you shine as the "host with the most".
Did you know that men age at a faster rate than women? The skin of men and women is significantly different. You'd be shocked how quickly you could tell them apart if you got up close to them. Here are some of the reasons why men's skin differs from women's.
It can be difficult to plan a romantic night at times. Whether it's due to the pandemic, Netflix and chill becoming repetitive, or running out of ideas. King's Crown has you covered! We've come up with some fantastic ideas for you and your significant other. Here are 5 fun ideas for you and your loved one.