Having company over, can be an overwhelming task. Whether it's hosting a dinner party with old acquaintances or family members, or having guests stay for a week.The most important aspect of your work as a host is to please your visitors and make sure that everyone is having a good time and feels at ease. Here are a few tips for being the best host in town.
- Don't leave all the work to one person, help in anyway you can. Heck, even involve your kids if you need to.
- Plan your meal ahead of time. Ask them if they are vegetarians/vegans, religion factors, or if they have any allergies.
- Allow guests to bring a side or a drink or even just ice, let them help.
- Clean and de clutter your house. Have some nice aroma whether it's a wall mount or candle.
- Pick out your good dinnerware set.
- Have a nice set up in the washroom, towels, q tips, fragrance, anything that could help in case your guest wants to stay over or maybe has an issue.
- Purchase a board game or playing cards. Something you can pull out in case the event needs to switch gears.
- Ensure all guest will have a comfortable spot to sit
- Greet them with a hug. (If your ok with that) Or a friendly hand shake
- Take the belongings and show them where they can get it, if necessary.
- Offer them a drink, or if they would like to use the washroom.
- If they don't want a drink, let them know they are welcome to look in the fridge whenever they want a drink. Have a great selection of drinks, from soft drinks to beers, wines and spirits
- Make sure guests don’t have to wait too long before food is served. Its always nice to have some finger foods waiting in case your guests want to nibble while they wait.
- Spend more time with guests than in the kitchen
- Sit the right people next to each other to create good conversation (If you have a big crowd)
- Top up guests drinks before they even need to ask. Once their drink is down to the last quarter, promptly ask them if they would like a refill.
- Have perfect playlist for the occasion
- Keeps the conversation flowing
- Make sure to keep the place tidy, or clean after yourself. This shows your guest that they need to do their part too. Plus, it creates less work for you at the end. Keep in mind, don't be overly stingy, be calm and enjoy the night, If you guest wants to help in any way, let them.
- If guests or yourself have kids, Order in pizza, or have entertainment for them. Whether it's an extra room just for them to enjoy a movie night, or playing video games.
Father's Day is June 18th, which is this Sunday- did you get Dad a gift yet?
If you haven't, you need to check out this list and grab Dad a gift that looks like you've been planning all year long!
Our weekly Father's Day Gift Guide continues with a collection of gifts for Dad that he's going to love. This week, you'll find items like a luxury shoe horns, the best electric shaver on the market, socks that really speak, and more!
Check out our entire list of Father's Day Gift Ideas, order online, and get them deleivered today!
A Gift Guide featuring some top Gift Idea for Father's Day 2023.
Explore some unexpected, and cool gifts that your Dad will want to get this Father's Day!
Spring his here and summer is quickly approaching! The sun's out longer and it's now time to update your skincare routine accordingly. Time to break out the sunscreen! But, before you just grab any old sunscreen, you would want to make sure it's the right SPF.
What is SPF? What SPF is enough? How often should sunscreen be applied? Your questions answered here!
As Julia Child once said, “No one is born a great cook, one learns from doing." Since the 1960s, cooking has been recognized to be an art.
When it comes to kitchen cuisine, the adage "practice makes perfect" is accurate. Cooking at home often will help you improve your skills and, in addition, is a healthier alternative to eating out.
In this week's blog, we've listed some ideas for you to try in the kitchen to help you become a better cook this year!
These could be gifts for your father or grandfather, your boss, the friend that goes out of his way to make sure everyone is well taken care of, or the kind-hearted, older gentleman that treats you like family. These gifts are perfect for THAT guy - or any guy you want to get a gift for - and you want to get him something he will actually use!