2022 has flown by so quickly, it was gone in a blink of an eye - and the new year is HERE!
We've all been asked what our new year's resolution is every year. We could respond with the same unfulfilled resolution goal from last year. According to a scientific study, 92% of people fail and 8% succeed because they are not specific enough.
New Year's resolutions have a bad reputation because people don't know how to keep them; in other words, we may have been doing it incorrectly. "It's all about personal accountability," as Jim Gaffigan says it, keep in mind he managed to eat pasta every day, for a year.
Today's question: What is preventing you from fulfilling your New Year's resolution? Here are some ideas for getting started on the same or a different goal from the previous year.
REFLECT YOUR PREVIOUS YEAR
Before you begin with your list of resolutions, it is always best to marinate on what you have experienced in the past year. “What gets measured gets managed” Peter Drucker once said. It’s quite simple, your goal here is to remember what it is that you loved, what you hated, what you learned and what you were grateful for in the past year. Whether you take time during the day to meditate or write down these questions and answers on a notebook, here are some examples of reflection questions you can ask yourself:
- What created energy this year and how it benefited me?
- What caught me surprised this year and why?
- What lessons did I learned and how will it prepare me for my future?
- What person, place or thing was the biggest drain on your energy?
- Biggest blessing of this year?
- What did you do in 2022 that wasn't working, and why did you keep doing it?
- 5 things you want to leave behind?
- Who contributed most to your happiness this year?
- Top favorite moment
- What habits do you want to adopt next year?
- Write down all the areas life you want to improve on such as health, career, self care, finances
- What you want to level up in life, write down a few goals your like to achieve in 2023 be specific
A list that you can control are goals, and lists of things you can’t control becomes manifestation. Sometimes we come in telling ourselves that we will start today or maybe tomorrow. Then realize it keeps getting delayed to the point where it gets forgotten until the next year. Here are some ideas on how to keep yourself on point to complete your resolution this year:
- Don’t do anything you don't like
- Have a goal every month to complete, do not do multiple things at once.
- Be specific with your goals; for example if you would like to lose weight, change it to I want to lose 10lbs by the end of the month.
- Fun Tip: Buy champagne bottles and write your big goals, and when it's completed pop the bottle. (Sub Champagne for anything you like to drink)
Set up an atmosphere, light candles and make yourself a nice drink. Grab a journal or a planner, and start planning your change and goals you want to accomplish this year. Some things you can think of are, Mental health, Physical health, Finance, nutrition, personal life.
When that is done, it would be helpful to associate your goals to a short mantra or one liner. Some potential examples would be:
- Your opinion matters too. Work hard for yourself, not because others are watching.
- Speak up for what you want.
- The past repeated will lead you to a wrong path or situation.
- Pay it forward, do it quietly and don't brag about it
- Appreciate where you are today, be one of "those" people. We are all trying to figure it out, some people just appreciate where they are along the process.
- When you have a problem with someone address it to them not anyone else
- Everyone has a story, some days our stories aren't easy
- Somehow or someday, everything always work out at the end
- Pay attention to your health, and health of others around you
- Appreciate who is around you, you can always learn something new.
- Always treat yourself with empathy and compassion, even when your feeling down
Don't allow anything in life stop you, tomorrow is always a new day.
Father's Day is June 18th, which is this Sunday- did you get Dad a gift yet?
If you haven't, you need to check out this list and grab Dad a gift that looks like you've been planning all year long!
Our weekly Father's Day Gift Guide continues with a collection of gifts for Dad that he's going to love. This week, you'll find items like a luxury shoe horns, the best electric shaver on the market, socks that really speak, and more!
Check out our entire list of Father's Day Gift Ideas, order online, and get them deleivered today!
A Gift Guide featuring some top Gift Idea for Father's Day 2023.
Explore some unexpected, and cool gifts that your Dad will want to get this Father's Day!
Spring his here and summer is quickly approaching! The sun's out longer and it's now time to update your skincare routine accordingly. Time to break out the sunscreen! But, before you just grab any old sunscreen, you would want to make sure it's the right SPF.
What is SPF? What SPF is enough? How often should sunscreen be applied? Your questions answered here!