When making mixed drinks with tequila, it's important to choose a good quality tequila that will enhance the flavour of the cocktail. Here are some basic steps to follow:
- Choose your tequila: Silver or blanco tequila is the most common type used in mixed drinks, but reposado and añejo tequilas can also be used for more complex flavours.
- Choose your mixer: Mixers can be anything from fruit juices to syrups to carbonated beverages. Choose a mixer that complements the flavour of the tequila.
- Add ice: Fill your glass with ice before adding the tequila and mixer.
- Mix it up: Add the tequila and mixer to the glass and stir or shake well.
Popular Mixed Drinks with Tequila
This classic tequila cocktail is made with lime juice, triple sec, and salt on the rim of the glass.
To make a classic margarita, you're going to need the following:
- 2 tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 1 ½ ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Triple Sec
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- ½ Grapefruit cut into wedges
- ¼ Cup Grapefruit Juice
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ½ Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 ounce of Tequila
- ¼ Cup Club Soda
As an alternative to the grapefruit juice and club soda, a grapefruit soda would also taste great in this cocktail!
- 1½ ounce tequila
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¾ ounce grenadine syrup
- An orange slice and maraschino cherry to garnish
- Tajin (or any preferred chilli-salt)
- 2 oz Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Hot sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 oz Light Mexican beer
- 1oz tequila
- 2 ounces of tequila
- 4 ounces of tomato juice
- ½ ounce of lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon prepared horseradish, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Tapatio hot sauce
- Celery salt
- Ground black pepper
- A lime/lemon wedge, a slice of cucumber and a slice of jalapeno to garnish
Tequila can be used in a variety of mixed drinks to create a range of flavours and styles. By following these basic steps and trying out some popular recipes, you can discover new and exciting ways to enjoy tequila. And for those of you who want to elevate your cocktails, try using Ethan+Ashe's Alkemista Infusion Vessel to infuse your tequila (and other spirits) with your favourite fruits, spices, herbs and botanicals!
Father's Day is June 18th, which is this Sunday- did you get Dad a gift yet?
If you haven't, you need to check out this list and grab Dad a gift that looks like you've been planning all year long!
Our weekly Father's Day Gift Guide continues with a collection of gifts for Dad that he's going to love. This week, you'll find items like a luxury shoe horns, the best electric shaver on the market, socks that really speak, and more!
Check out our entire list of Father's Day Gift Ideas, order online, and get them deleivered today!
A Gift Guide featuring some top Gift Idea for Father's Day 2023.
Explore some unexpected, and cool gifts that your Dad will want to get this Father's Day!
Spring his here and summer is quickly approaching! The sun's out longer and it's now time to update your skincare routine accordingly. Time to break out the sunscreen! But, before you just grab any old sunscreen, you would want to make sure it's the right SPF.
What is SPF? What SPF is enough? How often should sunscreen be applied? Your questions answered here!