REASONS TO WEAR POCKET SQUARES
Before you go out and buy or wear a pocket square, it's important to understand the difference between a pocket square and a handkerchief.
A pocket square is typically made of finer fabrics, like silk or wool. It serves no practical purpose other than to enhance your visual appearance and make you appear smarter and more stylish. For more practical applications, you will find a handkerchief better suited. It is typically made of standard cotton and is intended for more practical applications such as wiping sweat or blowing your nose.
- A pocket square adds a nice hint of colour and more life to your suit, it instantly adds a touch of sophistication and elegance.
- Perfect complement to your tie or bow tie.
- Allows you to “dress up” or “dress down” an outfit. Giving your same suit a different look each day
- An inexpensive addition to your look that can refresh the same suit, over and over.
- Choose a secondary colour from your tie/bow tie as the primary colour for your pocket square
- If your tie / bow tie is a solid colour, reach for a patterned pocket square. By adding more patterns, you'll add more interest to your outfit.
- If you are wearing a silk pocket square make sure it is at least 40cm x 40cm (16 inches). When using a pocket square made of a fine material, like silk, a square that is too small will get lost in your pocket. You can also opt for a pocket square holder to ensure it stays in place all day (or night) long.
- Pick a fold for the occasion! For instance, on casual occasions you can try a simpler fold, like ‘the president fold’. On more for formal occasions you'll want to choose a more elaborate fold, such as the ‘one or two point folds’. (See below all the types of folds)
HOW TO FOLD POCKET SQUARE
Depending on where you are going, you'll want to pick the right fold for the occasion. Here are some of our favorite folds that you can try.
Father's Day is June 18th, which is this Sunday- did you get Dad a gift yet?
If you haven't, you need to check out this list and grab Dad a gift that looks like you've been planning all year long!
Our weekly Father's Day Gift Guide continues with a collection of gifts for Dad that he's going to love. This week, you'll find items like a luxury shoe horns, the best electric shaver on the market, socks that really speak, and more!
Check out our entire list of Father's Day Gift Ideas, order online, and get them deleivered today!
A Gift Guide featuring some top Gift Idea for Father's Day 2023.
Explore some unexpected, and cool gifts that your Dad will want to get this Father's Day!
Spring his here and summer is quickly approaching! The sun's out longer and it's now time to update your skincare routine accordingly. Time to break out the sunscreen! But, before you just grab any old sunscreen, you would want to make sure it's the right SPF.
What is SPF? What SPF is enough? How often should sunscreen be applied? Your questions answered here!
As Julia Child once said, “No one is born a great cook, one learns from doing." Since the 1960s, cooking has been recognized to be an art.
When it comes to kitchen cuisine, the adage "practice makes perfect" is accurate. Cooking at home often will help you improve your skills and, in addition, is a healthier alternative to eating out.
In this week's blog, we've listed some ideas for you to try in the kitchen to help you become a better cook this year!
These could be gifts for your father or grandfather, your boss, the friend that goes out of his way to make sure everyone is well taken care of, or the kind-hearted, older gentleman that treats you like family. These gifts are perfect for THAT guy - or any guy you want to get a gift for - and you want to get him something he will actually use!