REASONS TO WEAR POCKET SQUARES
Before you go out and buy or wear a pocket square, it's important to understand the difference between a pocket square and a handkerchief.
A pocket square is typically made of finer fabrics, like silk or wool. It serves no practical purpose other than to enhance your visual appearance and make you appear smarter and more stylish. For more practical applications, you will find a handkerchief better suited. It is typically made of standard cotton and is intended for more practical applications such as wiping sweat or blowing your nose.
- A pocket square adds a nice hint of colour and more life to your suit, it instantly adds a touch of sophistication and elegance.
- Perfect complement to your tie or bow tie.
- Allows you to “dress up” or “dress down” an outfit. Giving your same suit a different look each day
- An inexpensive addition to your look that can refresh the same suit, over and over.
- Choose a secondary colour from your tie/bow tie as the primary colour for your pocket square
- If your tie / bow tie is a solid colour, reach for a patterned pocket square. By adding more patterns, you'll add more interest to your outfit.
- If you are wearing a silk pocket square make sure it is at least 40cm x 40cm (16 inches). When using a pocket square made of a fine material, like silk, a square that is too small will get lost in your pocket. You can also opt for a pocket square holder to ensure it stays in place all day (or night) long.
- Pick a fold for the occasion! For instance, on casual occasions you can try a simpler fold, like ‘the president fold’. On more for formal occasions you'll want to choose a more elaborate fold, such as the ‘one or two point folds’. (See below all the types of folds)
HOW TO FOLD POCKET SQUARE
Depending on where you are going, you'll want to pick the right fold for the occasion. Here are some of our favorite folds that you can try.
These could be gifts for your father or grandfather, your boss, the friend that goes out of his way to make sure everyone is well taken care of, or the kind-hearted, older gentleman that treats you like family. These gifts are perfect for THAT guy - or any guy you want to get a gift for - and you want to get him something he will actually use!
Learn how to recognize your beard neckline, how to shave it, and what tools will give you the greatest finish.
Your hair game's on point, sideburns are trimmed and your facial hair looks prestige. However, it may seem we may be forgetting something. Let's talk about trimming your eyebrows.
If you’re not already wearing sunscreen each and every day - this is your sign to do so, keep reading to learn what SPF truly is about and how to avoid looking like a tomato.
Razor looking a little dull? Not sure whether or not it’s time to switch out that razor you’ve had for - god knows - how many weeks? Well, question no more! Here are some notes that will help you determine how often you should change your razor blade before it causes any irritation or damage to your skin!
Black heads are one of those things that are difficult to get rid of in life. Of course, you can easily remove them with a nasal strip, but did you know that they can harm your skin and refill with bacteria where it once was? Leading you to the same spot you were two weeks ago. Let's talk about our strawberry nose for a moment, shall we?
“Mi casa es su casa '' - here are some tips that you will want to keep in mind if you are having people over for Easter!
Entertaining can be difficult, but here is the basic information that will make you shine as the "host with the most".
Did you know that men age at a faster rate than women? The skin of men and women is significantly different. You'd be shocked how quickly you could tell them apart if you got up close to them. Here are some of the reasons why men's skin differs from women's.
It can be difficult to plan a romantic night at times. Whether it's due to the pandemic, Netflix and chill becoming repetitive, or running out of ideas. King's Crown has you covered! We've come up with some fantastic ideas for you and your significant other. Here are 5 fun ideas for you and your loved one.