Most men have thought at least once in their lives should I try using a different shaving method? Is blade shaving better than electric shaving? The truth is that both are very effective shaving methods, and most of the time it comes down to personal preferences and shaving habits. However, to help you in your struggle, we’ve put together some of the characteristics of both shaving methods and their pros and cons.
To start with, one of the main differences, is in the way the hair is cut:
In the blade shaving, the hair is cut in a single stroke of the blade (or more, depending on the blades on your razor). With an electric shaver, the hair is cut between two blades (like the motion of scissors).
Other main differences between the two, have to do with their pros and cons. In particular, the main advantages of electric razors are that:
- They are quick and easy to use: No long and thorough preparation work is needed;
- They don't cause many side effects: they are safe and gentle on the skin, and can prevent from from experiencing ingrown hairs, irritation, nicks, and cuts after shaving.
- They can be used anywhere and carried on a plane (of course make sure you carry an adaptor!)
- They don't require special grooming items such as shaving cream, soap, gels or even water.
- They are more versatile in that they can be used to accurately shave facial hair, beards, mustaches, and sideburns.
The disadvantages of electric razors are that:
- They don't shave as closely as manual razors.
- It can take some time and practice to get used to.
- Not all electric razors can be used in the shower, and they can be pretty loud.
- Cordless versions can die in the middle of a shave if they are not properly charged.
As we saw in one of our previous blog, there are different types of razor blades with each one working differently depending on its mechanisms. Despite the different types though, the end goal for the way they work is to give you a close shave. In fact, most people would agree that the advantages of cartridge razors are:
- They provide the closest shave between the two!
- Blades and equipment are easily replaced.
- They are easier and smaller to carry around, and you don’t have to rely on an electric socket.
- They are often the first shaving gear a man relies on since they are so easy to use.
However, the disadvantages include:
- It takes longer to shave with manual razors.
- The blades dull quickly and need to be replaced every 4/5 shaves.
- Shaving with a manual razor increases your chance of getting nicks, cuts and ingrown hairs.
- Manual razors are sometimes less versatile, since they do require a wet shave and water for a painless shave.
Whichever method you are thinking to switching to, remember that one important thing that you want to consider before switching, is that it takes your skin about a month to get used to the change. So give your skin a little time when trying your different shaving method.
If you are thinking to switch to electric razors, have a look at our best-selling ones:
These could be gifts for your father or grandfather, your boss, the friend that goes out of his way to make sure everyone is well taken care of, or the kind-hearted, older gentleman that treats you like family. These gifts are perfect for THAT guy - or any guy you want to get a gift for - and you want to get him something he will actually use!
Learn how to recognize your beard neckline, how to shave it, and what tools will give you the greatest finish.
Your hair game's on point, sideburns are trimmed and your facial hair looks prestige. However, it may seem we may be forgetting something. Let's talk about trimming your eyebrows.
If you’re not already wearing sunscreen each and every day - this is your sign to do so, keep reading to learn what SPF truly is about and how to avoid looking like a tomato.
Razor looking a little dull? Not sure whether or not it’s time to switch out that razor you’ve had for - god knows - how many weeks? Well, question no more! Here are some notes that will help you determine how often you should change your razor blade before it causes any irritation or damage to your skin!
Black heads are one of those things that are difficult to get rid of in life. Of course, you can easily remove them with a nasal strip, but did you know that they can harm your skin and refill with bacteria where it once was? Leading you to the same spot you were two weeks ago. Let's talk about our strawberry nose for a moment, shall we?
“Mi casa es su casa '' - here are some tips that you will want to keep in mind if you are having people over for Easter!
Entertaining can be difficult, but here is the basic information that will make you shine as the "host with the most".
Did you know that men age at a faster rate than women? The skin of men and women is significantly different. You'd be shocked how quickly you could tell them apart if you got up close to them. Here are some of the reasons why men's skin differs from women's.
It can be difficult to plan a romantic night at times. Whether it's due to the pandemic, Netflix and chill becoming repetitive, or running out of ideas. King's Crown has you covered! We've come up with some fantastic ideas for you and your significant other. Here are 5 fun ideas for you and your loved one.
- 0 comments
- Tags: beard, beard style, Blade razor, blog, cartridge razor, electric razor, mens grooming, shaving tips, store news, straight razor, tips from the Pro