- Physical: Contains minerals (Zinc Oxide and or Titanium Dioxide) that sit on top of skin and reflect away UV rays.
Chemical: Contains ingredients (Avobenzone and Homosalate) that absorb and transform UV rays into heat.
There's two types of UV rays we should protect our skins from.
- UVA (think Aging): Responsible for fine lines and dark spots
- UVB (think Burning): Produces skin cancers and sunburns
WHY SPF IS BENEFICIAL FOR YOUR SKIN
SPF helps reduce your risk of skin cancer and protects your skin from sunburns and blisters. It also helps your skin void of inflammation, hyper pigmentation, redness, and early onsets of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It's very important to apply a generous amount of sunscreen. Anywhere better two tablespoons to one shot glass of sunscreen should be applied on your skin 30 minutes before going outside then reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or sweating.
- Try to avoid direct sunlight! The most you can do is stay under the shade (for example, by using the shadow of a tree, or an umbrella). At least between 10am and 4pm, when the sun is at its peak.
- Avoid tanning beds! It can cause skin cancer.
- Wear protective clothing, such as a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
We love the summer season and all the outdoor activities that come with it, but make sure you protect yourself & your skin! Dont leave home without applying your SPF.
Father's Day is June 18th, which is this Sunday- did you get Dad a gift yet?
If you haven't, you need to check out this list and grab Dad a gift that looks like you've been planning all year long!
Our weekly Father's Day Gift Guide continues with a collection of gifts for Dad that he's going to love. This week, you'll find items like a luxury shoe horns, the best electric shaver on the market, socks that really speak, and more!
Check out our entire list of Father's Day Gift Ideas, order online, and get them deleivered today!
A Gift Guide featuring some top Gift Idea for Father's Day 2023.
Explore some unexpected, and cool gifts that your Dad will want to get this Father's Day!
Spring his here and summer is quickly approaching! The sun's out longer and it's now time to update your skincare routine accordingly. Time to break out the sunscreen! But, before you just grab any old sunscreen, you would want to make sure it's the right SPF.
What is SPF? What SPF is enough? How often should sunscreen be applied? Your questions answered here!
As Julia Child once said, “No one is born a great cook, one learns from doing." Since the 1960s, cooking has been recognized to be an art.
When it comes to kitchen cuisine, the adage "practice makes perfect" is accurate. Cooking at home often will help you improve your skills and, in addition, is a healthier alternative to eating out.
In this week's blog, we've listed some ideas for you to try in the kitchen to help you become a better cook this year!
These could be gifts for your father or grandfather, your boss, the friend that goes out of his way to make sure everyone is well taken care of, or the kind-hearted, older gentleman that treats you like family. These gifts are perfect for THAT guy - or any guy you want to get a gift for - and you want to get him something he will actually use!